Home > Windows 7 > 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

Contents

Expand the files from the Windows XP or 2000 CD The steps below will restore the autoexec.nt, config.nt, and command.com files from the Windows XP CD. i have at last found a easy soulotion to solve this nightmare any body want it please e mail me [email protected] Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not when i try to open an application. jake2 13:55 28 Dec 04 Locked At start I've started to get the following message: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. click site

Print reprints Favorite EMAIL Tweet Discuss this Article 69 Anonymous User (not verified) on Nov 3, 2004 someone experienced the similiar problem after applying MS hotfix KB840987 on win2k server. Book your tickets now and visit Synology. This site was easy to use understand and implement. See the expand command page for additional help and information about the expand command. http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000715.htm

16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Dec 14, 2004 Followed the Instructions from above to the letter and it would not work for me with Restore the autoexec.nt and config.nt files from the repair folder For users who do not have their Windows XP or 2000 CD or want to try restoring their backup files from On the General tab, where it says Attributes: Tick Read-only, Click on Apply then Ok. In the MS-DOS Window, type the below commands.

1. JoinAFCOMfor the best data centerinsights.
  2. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. 4) 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem drive:\programpath XXXX.
  3. If you do not have the Windows restore CD, you can repair the autoexec.nt and config.nt manually from the repair directory.
  4. Expand the files from the Windows XP or 2000 CD The steps below will restore the autoexec.nt, config.nt, and command.com files from the Windows XP CD.
  5. Where it came from and how do I get rid of it? (windows xp with sp2 installed) VoG II 13:58 28 Dec 04 Go to click here and click on
  6. now i can't even use my scanner anymore.
  7. Español Deutsch Français Português Italiano Nederlands Greek Japanese Korean Chinese Supercharge your PPT Productivity with PPTools content authoring & site maintenance by
  8. Would not finf the destination drive nor would it open the Files.
  9. Nov 25, 2001 John Savill | Windows IT Pro EMAIL Tweet Comments 69 Advertisement A.

Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Dec 6, 2004 My computer came with XP, and has no install disc with it. to get instructions for using Expand Did this solve your problem? At the MS-DOS prompt, type the below lines. Config.nt Download Some computers with other drive letters may have the CD-ROM drive as a different letter.

Please click to close or ignore. Config.nt File Download Loading... This fix should resolve the issue by repairing the missing or damaged file. http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000715.htm Thanks so much for helping me see my stupidity.

When you attempt to run a 16-bit application under NT, you might receive the following message: Application popup: 16 bit Windows Subsystem : An application has attempted to directly access the Config.nt The System File Is Not Suitable For Running Windows 7 How do I solve this with no disc? Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Nov 28, 2004 Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Log In Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. 2) 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem path to the program that you are trying to start or install config.nt The system file is not suitable for running

Config.nt File Download

PC Advisor Phones Smartphone reviews Best smartphones Smartphone tips Smartphone buying advice Smartphone deals Laptops Laptops reviews Laptops tips Best laptops Laptops buying advice Tablets Tablet reviews Best tablets Tablet tips http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/system-file-not-suitable-running-msdos-177222/ To do this you must have the Microsoft Windows XP CD. 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7 They'll be in the \I386 folder as Config.nt_ autoexec.nt_ command.co_ You'll need to use the Expand program to convert these to usable form. Config.nt Windows Xp Thanks for nothing.

Looking to get things done in web development? http://recupsoft.com/windows-7/windows-7-backup-error-code-0x81000037.html Thank you so much!!! Additional information See our application definition for further information and related links on this term. Please click here if you are not redirected within a few seconds. Config.nt Windows 7

If you are running Windows XP and get an error when attempting to go into the windows\repair directory, this directory does not exist. Choose 'Close' to terminate the applicationIssueAn operating system file (config.nt) required to run the installation or application is missing, corrupt, or does not contain required entries.ResolutionPerform a search for config.nt on Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. navigate to this website All Rights Reserved.

you must recreate the autexec.nt file using a notepad document. Config.nt Windows 7 Location Virtual Device Driver format in the registry is invalid. VDD.

It gets the job done. 0 #3 hondavee4 Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:43 PM hondavee4 Member Topic Starter Member 24 posts Follow Repair Method 2 in the Microsoft article.

dos=high, umbdevice=%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\himem.sysfiles=40  Go to File > Save. Close Notepad. Reboot the computer and re-run your installation or application.  If Config.nt does not exist in the System32 folder  In the Search Results window find this file is critical to point a 16 bit application to the dosx file. Once the above files have been successfully copied, type exit to close the MS-DOS window. Download Config Nt Windows 7 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and… 1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years This project uses VR to alleviate the Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. Choose 'Close' to terminate this application. my review here And the path is pointing to \Windows\system32.

cd\windows\repair copy autoexec.nt c:\windows\system32 copy config.nt c:\windows\system32 In the above example, we use the "windows" directory. Click Here to download it now. YesNo Feedback E-mail Share Print Search Recently added pages View all recent updates Useful links About Computer Hope Site Map Forum Contact Us How to Help Top 10 pages Follow us Thanks again.

Support Product Support e-file Diagnostics and Rejections Software Delivery Contact Us Find My Sales Consultant Search Video Library Application Status I want to... The solution you provided was clear, easy to follow, and worked ! I am trying to download music to my MP3 player and get this message. This error is typically the result of an invalid entry in the command.com, autoexec.nt, or config.nt files, which NT maintains for compatibility with 16-bit applications.

I am trying to install Alpha Centauri, but it has a 16-bit error regarding config.nt.